Thursday, July 16, 2009

Have you seen the little piggies...


In the process of perfecting some cupcake flavours : banana, chocolate, rum & raisin, and almond. I think it's safe to say that I've achieved moist yet fluffy delectable cupcakes! WooHoo!

Once the cupcakes were hot outta the oven, I sent them to my tasters for reviews.

XX feedback : Moist, buttery and light. Especially liked the banana for its velvety texture.

XY feedback : The chocolate is yum, the almond is super yum.

I have a feeling that my tasters were being nice in not mentioning the rum & raisin due to : (1) Most of them don't like them raisins; and (2) They probably wished there was more rum in there! *har* I'll definitely have a go at more flavours very very soon, interesting ones like malibu, peanut butter surprise, irish bomb and decadent chocolate on chocolate.

Next on the agenda for today : messing around with fondant sculptures. I set out to make 5 sculptures : 3D bears, penguins, turtles and sheep, along with a 2D pig. By the time I was done with the bears, penguins and pigs, something else came up so am leaving the turtles and sheep for another day.

I personally like them piggies the best. I might make it a darker shade of pink the next time round but am definitely loving how the whole piggy's chubby face sits on the cupcake - the perfect 2D fondant cupcake (I think).

*oink*oink*oink*


My attempt at the bears and penguins were just alright, could have done better with the colours (especially for the penguins that would've look better black rather than the grey I decided on).

This bear's head has a slight upward tilt but it looks happy nonetheless


The penguins were a tad on the chubby side and their beaks could be smaller I reckon... Tried putting a smile in their beaks but to no avail. But then again, have you ever seen a smiling penguin? *tsk*tsk*tsk*

2 comments:

Gette said...

Wow. It's just amazing to see you turning out all these pretty stuff!

Constant Craving said...

Thanks Georgette. Let me know if you ever need those ninja cupcakes, we'll put our heads together to make a hellofaninja :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin