Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Handmade Decorated Cookies

Gingerbread Cookie
A three-tiered wedding cake in Tiffany signature colours


Snickerdoodles. Chocolate chip. Oatmeal and honey. Rock cakes. Peanut butter. Cereal bar. Oreo. Shortbread. Tim Tams. Vienna fingers. Out of all the cookies one can dream up, I like gingerbread the best.

Not any gingerbread mind you. I love the crispy thin ones as opposed to the thick chewy variation. Crispy gingerbread covered in decorative icing... now that's something to blog about.

What is it about the gingerbread cookie that lures me so you may wonder. Maybe its the crunch in every crisp bite that leaves a trail of cookie crumbs. Or perhaps its the scent of a smorgasbord of spices that lingers in the air as it bakes in the oven. I can't actually put my finger on it but I do know that when Christmas is around the corner, its the gingerbread I must delight in. The perfect marriage of the cookie and its sweet icing, piped intricately to form a happy face in dungarees. Ooooo... how I love the gingerbread man.


Handbag and heels


A string polka dot bikini... Sexy!


A giant cupcake cookie


Bride & Groom cookies
(groom's tux ala 1950's)


Bubbly champagne in flutes


Textured birthday cake with candles that won't go out
(until you bite into it I suppose)


First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby and
the baby carriage...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin