Tuesday, December 29, 2009

*Glide* (or cook with it)

Christmas is my favourite time of the year. Even if this part of the world is met with plenty of rain come December, somehow it can't dampen the season.



What is it exactly I love about Christmas? Everything.

I like how Christmas wraps up the year with its ever constant theme of love, joy, peace, forgiveness, family, counting blessings and giving thanks.

I like how families come together over Christmas - siblings recollecting childhood memories, mothers in aprons baking up a storm, fathers putting up the tree and filling the house with carols.

I like Christmas carols. Unlike blaring Chinese New Year songs, carols are lovely to listen to, so delightful that we don't mind filling the whole room with its glorious sounds for the whole week.

O how I *heart* Christmas.

I like Christmas because it is the perfect justification for consuming large amounts of food.



Turkey, ham, taters, bread, smoked salmon, meatloaf, x'mas logs, cupcakes, brownies, cheesecake, gingerbread cookies, fruitcake. As I munch on leftovers, I can safely say that there will be no sign of anemia this December.



But most importantly, I love Christmas because the significance of Christ's birth humbles us and I love that as we conclude the year we realise how fortunate we are (I applaud Live Aid '85 for teaching me compassion at a young age).



So when Christmas is over, what's next?

Yup, you've got that right - thinking up our new year resolutions. Funny why we can't resolve to change bad habits some time in June or maybe September... Sooner is better than later, no? I've never really made resolutions for the new year. I tend to wing it.



So for 2010, I resolve to go where the tide takes me.

I am determined to have a non-stick Tefal outlook on life : gliding the stuff that doesn't matter, and cooking with the ones that do.

Happy New Year. God bless.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin