Monday, February 8, 2010

Cars, parcels and chocolate


Up until recently, I had no idea what a Porsche Carrera GT looked like. A sports car is a sports car to me, heh, not very informed in that area. But when a project came for cupcakes topped with a "dream car" (that Porsche model to be precise), I couldn't wait to get started.


This was one of those assignments that's simply so much fun to undertake. I was a tad worried that I wouldn't be able to get the correct shade of red but with a lot of elbow grease and patience, the colour turned out perfect *joy*.


Got a call for some CNY giveaways and came up with loaves of Walnut Cake. I was in a festive mood and was determined to present these loaves in celebratory packages, approaching cautiously to avoid an OTT-red-lanterns-ablazing-Chinese-New-Year look. I was ecstatic to come across some CNY stickers in red and gold that completed the gift parcel perfectly.


Remember how I mentioned that there are a handful of people who are not inclined towards fondant, or like Marie Antoinette they just want to "eat cake"? One of my recent bakes was the Black Velvet cake, an order that requested for a pretty finish without the fondant.

I chose to encircle the cake with chocolate, topped with a light sprinkling of almonds. I kinda like the sleekness to this look - very minimal yet chic, with a sorta immaculate finish. Waddaya think?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin