Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cupcakes for a Lil' Princess

When you hear "princess cupcakes for a little girl turning 3", waddaya think of?

The word "princess" made my Disney corrupted mind picture a plump blue old lady, swinging her wand at a pumpkin singing, "Salaka doola magicka boola, bibidi bobidi boo".


Can't really explain why the pumpkin came to mind instead of Princess Aurora, who by the way is my most likable Disney princess.


Princess cupcakes it is then.


Many many princesses...


... pretty maids all in a row...




...princesses come with castles. And let's not forget the pumpkin :)




After placing the little princesses on the cupcakes and taking pictures, the sight of these fondant figurines reminded me of "The Dancing Princesses" - yes, since the owl on pillow cake, I've been reminiscing videos I watched as a kid. I can't imagine why but I blame this nostalgia on Tim Burton's remake of Alice.


While watching this Faerie Tale Theatre episode, I remember whining to my brother because I didn't know any of the actors... up until Peter Weller shows up as the soldier. And in unison, we both cooed : "Oooo... fun! It's Robocop!"  :)


3 comments:

Priscila M. said...

Hi. I was wondering where do you acquire your baking cups?

Constant Craving said...

Hi Priscilla. Thanks for dropping by. Baking cups are available at most bakers' supply shops, they come in a lot of designs and sizes. You might even find some at your local supermarket, at the baking section. Best bet would be at a good baking supplies shop for good quality paper cups. Hope that helps.

Allison said...

I LOVE the story of the 12 dancing princesses! I have fond memories of that as one of my favorite bedtime stories. Your cupcakes are SO beautiful! The princesses on top are amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin