Thursday, March 25, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things...

Cupcakes of a birthday boy's favourite things.


He loves the crabs from a particular restaurant. Initially thought of making "cooked" crab, on a dish. But decided a live one with pinchers in tact was more distinguishable.


Since it is his "moral obligation" to resume the role of the organiser, he's labeled "Okui-niser" (Okui meaning tortoise in hokkien). This tortoise sits on one of the cupcakes, with a pencil and clip folder.


He listens to Phantom of the Opera's OST in his car frequently and sings to "Masquerade!". In the background are his omnipresent flip-flops.


He messes around (a lot) with photoshop. And because of some recent photoshop pictures he published on facebook, I made a boo-boo and assumed he liked Avatar, so...


... sculpted Neytiri onto one of the cupcakes. Turns out he doesn't like the Navi  :(  Oh well, got 8 outta 9 of his favourite things correct, not too bad  :)

Here are some pictures of butter cookies to make up for the lack of posting recently.








6 comments:

diva said...

These cupcakes are so beautiful and so are the cookies! I'm gobsmacked and so in awe :)

Memória said...

Wow!! These cupcakes and cookies look absolutely fantastic! Great job!

La Table De Nana said...

What a gorgeous post!

Sarah said...

I'm jealous!! Phantom is one of my favourite plays. And there's no way I can do fondant like that!

lostpastremembered said...

Lovely cupcakes... you do amazing things with frosting!

Constant Craving said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments, it's so very flattering. Thank you, you guys really made my day! :)

@ Sarah : Phantom's my fave play too! I was singing "All I ask of you" while sculpting the mask, heh heh - yes, I'm a dork ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin