Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, baked an old fashioned yummy tender butter cake and layered it with strawberry puree and whipped cream. Topped the cake with an edible hand drawn picture of mom, in chocolate... she found it quite amusing  :)


When it was time for dessert and I was about to cut into the cake, Mom goes - "Don't eat my face, please keep it...", so we obliged and chucked it into the fridge. Hope she eats it though, I used 70% cocoa chocolate that Mom gifted me from Dubai.

The cake was an all-round success, the whole family loved it. After trying so many different recipes, tweaking the ingredients and finally coming to this adaptation, this one is definitely a keeper.



My freezer door is acting wonky, it won't shut tight. Last week, when I ran to check if it was shut, I found snowflakes forming in the ice tray!!! Nice.


 Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work Girl - the resemblance is remarkable, albeit a younger version LOL!
Tasted yummy too - when can I eat the photo chocolate? Can't wait...haha
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin